Since the invention of the diesel engine, its original design has only undergone a few modifications and improvements. The advancement of the diesel engine has slowed down and so, to further improve the diesel engine’s performance, alternative ways and solutions such as diesel fuel additives have been created.
Diesel fuel additives are substances that are added to the fuel during the refinery, distribution, and even in the aftermarket level. These substances are extensively tested and selected by experts to help improve the quality and performance of diesel fuel products. In the process, the additives are added to act as stabilizers, octane/cetane enhancers, cold flow improver, metal deactivators, and dyes. Meanwhile, in the distribution systems, additives are added that act as corrosion inhibitors, pipeline drag reducers, and corrosion inhibitors. Resellers and consumers of diesel products are also capable of using additives in their diesel products depending on what benefit they want to gain.
The following are the top 5 benefits of using diesel fuel additives:
· Reduced exhaust pollutant levels – The fuel additives greatly minimize the pollutants that are released during the combustion process. The result is a much cleaner exhaust smoke compared to that of diesel fuels without additives. That being said, using additive-infused diesel fuel is highly recommended because it would have a positive impact on the environmental issues that the world is facing today.
· Increased fuel efficiency – The additive-infused diesel fuel is more efficient than regular diesel, meaning, you can obtain more power and high quality performance with minimum power loss compared to using regular diesel fuel.
· Increased service interval duration – The additives have properties that help protect and maintain the fuel systems of the engine, allowing longer durations of intervals between maintenance.
· Increased specific power output – The additives also promote a smoother flow in the diesel engine’s operation, which results to great increase of the specific power output.
· Greater reliability – Diesel engines running on additive-infused fuel are likely to be more reliable than those running on regular diesel.
To sum it all up, diesel fuel additives are very cost-effective, because they can greatly reduce expenses on fuel consumption and engine maintenance, while at the same time boosting performance and efficiency. Currently, fuel additives are still undergoing innovations and developments to further improve their performance-enhancement capabilities. Research and studies are also being conducted to help answer some related environmental and health issues.
Meyers Auto Parts now stocks inventory for ALL makes of vehicles. We have expanded to four locations throughout the valley, plus a fully-stocked warehouse, to meet your auto-repair needs. We specialize in OEM and aftermarket parts for you car or truck, and recently we have expanded our inventory to include more domestic options. If you can not find what you need for your vehicle repairs, we have world-wide sources available and we will gladly find your parts and special order them if needed.
The team at Meyers Auto Parts are sharing with you.